Gravity Forms Entries Inventory Management
Ever needed to limit the number of entries in a Gravity Form? Like, for booking a given number of places in one shot/submission or buying 3 tickets for an event, etc.
Here’s an example:
- I have a 10 places event
- Someone comes to the website and buys 3 tickets (in 1 submission)
- Another one buys 6 tickets
- And the last person buys 1 ticket (the last one)
- The form automatically closes
I wrote a small WordPress plugin that does just that:
- takes an input field, let’s call it number of places
- sums all the values from all form entries from the number of places field
- if the sum of number of places equals the total number of available places, the the form stops taking more entries.
To use this plugin you have to:
- Install the plugin from here https://wordpress.org/plugins/gravity-forms-entries-inventory-management/
- Create a new Gravity Form
- Add a new input field on the form
- Go to the Field Appearence tab and add ‘gfinventory’ (without single quotes) to the Custom Css Class field. Save the form.
- Go to Form Settings (NOT Global Gravity Form Settings) and
- Check “Enable entry limit”
- Set your limit for this form in “Number of Entries” field
- Set yor message in “Entry Limit Reached Message” field
- Save settings
As a bonus, the plugin will also check if the current input value in a form is not greater than the remaining number of places:
Entrepreneurs usually struggle to create their online platforms when they don’t have a technical partner. It’s confusing and overwhelming.
We have a 5-step process that makes it easy and helps them avoid all the traps. In just 60 days, your web platform is set up and they can start making money.
Send us your project idea and get a free 5-minute review.